- Teflon thrust washer helps to ensure free movement of chuck
- Custom machined mounting flange adapts chuck to any roll stand
- Smooth gripping jaws with large surface area provide no-slip grip on any core material without damaging cores.
- Rollers travel on hex cams with little friction to provide free expansion of jaws. Jaws grip effectively in light or heavy tension applications.
- Central hex.
- Spirol pin aligns end cap
- End cap
- Socket head cap screw.
|Smooth Gripping Jaws||Interior wall of core is not damaged.||Multiple core reuse|
|Serrations are not used so dust is not created||No maintenance or jamming, no contamination.|
|Torque Activation||Extreme sidearm force not necessary||Less core distortion and no end of roll waste|
|Rolls won't bow|
|Less roll stand fatigue; extended roll life|
|Patented Roller Design||Reliable grip regardless of torque magnitude||Run heavy and/or light rolls with any tension|
|True concentric expansion||Roll bounce is minimized or eliminated|
|Easier to control web tension|
|Lubrication isn’t needed; dust won’t accumulate||No jamming; chuck won’t get stuck in cores|
|Little friction inside chuck; less wear on parts||Little, if any, maintenance and longer chuck life|
|Wide range of expansion||Run butt rolls and rolls with core inconsistencies|
|Step Chuck||Single chuck can run various core sizes||Roll changes are effortless; even between sizes|
|Quick disconnect Chuck||Interchangeable chucks mount to same plate on machines with width limitations||One center bolt allows quick change to various core size|
- Greatest structural & load bearing capacity of any corrugator chuck: 14,000 lbs. / 6364 kg
- Longest warranty: 36 months.
- Load capacity is determined by the outside diameter of the center cam / carrying beam at the base of the chuck. The DF-2000 Extreme center cam diameter = 2.585'' / 65.7 mm. Absolutely the largest & most durable center cam / carrying beam in the corrugated chuck industry.
- Greatest safety factor of any corrugator chuck: Due to our 2.585'' / 65.7mm, ultra-high capacity center cam / carrying beam.
- Greatest torque capacity of any corrugator chuck (by far): 13,750 inch-lb. / 1554 Nm. The DF-2000 Extreme features expansion jaws with the largest "contact patch or touch" on the inside surface of a core.
- Greatest resistance to core tear out, slippage, & burn out due to the Extreme's industry leading contact patch.
- Larger & longer center cam / carrying beam, rollers, & jaws.
- Longest lasting corrugator chuck on the planet, due to lower stressed internal parts. Larger, longer parts lower contact stress by spreading the load (roll weight) over a larger & longer area.
- Greatest expansion: 4.26'' / 108.2 mm
- Best corrosion resistance: Nickel plated.
- Factory parts & service available globally.
- Massive / comprehensive parts inventory. All Extreme chuck parts are in stock & available for next day shipping.
- Ideal for applications that require the use of multiple core sizes and where roll stand width capacity is not a concern.
- These chucks can be any size with the base chuck being the largest.
- Step chucks incorporate all of the features of normally mounted DF–2000 chucks with the top chuck mounted on the base chuck in a Quick Disconnect design.
- Top chuck may be swapped with any other size in a few minutes. If only two core sizes are being used, there is never a need to remove the top chuck.
- Quick changes among a variety of core sizes.
- Specially designed to be swapped on the fly, between rolls if necessary, with a single center bolt.
- An adapter plate is required for mounting.
- Best applied where roll stand width capacity is limited and changes of core sizes are frequent.
- For core sizes larger than three inches. (DF-1000 chucking systems for 3-inch cores).
- Chuck offers the same characteristics as all DF-2000 chucks,
but mounts on a through-shaft in shafted applications.
- The opposite end of the roll is supported by a retractable roll collar.
The DF-2000's patented torque-activated shaftless design has made it the world's most effective and best-selling shaftless core chuck. Six precision-ground steel rollers are mechanically linked to travel up and down bi-directional ramps created by the back of the jaws and the hexagonal cam. This rolling action minimizes friction while causing expansion and retraction of the chuck’s jaws.
As a result, the chuck can be used in the lightest to heaviest tension applications. The chuck’s mechanical design eliminates the need for the sophisticated and expensive plumbing associated with pneumatic or hydraulic chucks. Rotary unions are also unnecessary with the DF–2000.
There are other chucks which are based on the torque-activated principle, but they use “sliding friction” inside the chuck for expansion. These chucks can’t overcome the friction created by the roll weight to lift and center the roll. A non-centering action results, causing roll bounce and possible jamming. Furthermore, their serrated jaws damage cores and create dust, leading to higher maintenance and more downtime.