Double E safety chucks only open in the upright position so roll security is guaranteed. Safety chucks close automatically if operator forgets to close them manually.
- Jaw design compensates for shaft deflection; safety chuck does not bind.
- Sliding action sharply reduces possibility of finger jamming.
- Patented push button ensures roll security and operator safety.
- Patented circular engagement allows high torque while reducing noise and vibration.
- Removable jaws extend safety chuck life; easy and inexpensive to replace.
- Easy cross-reference for replacing existing safety chucks.
Double E Company SC Series
SC Series Safety Chuck for Drop in Replacement
The SC Series safety chucks are engineered to easily fit the same bolt patterns of the obsolete SuperChuck A and B-series with no additional modifications or bulky adapter plates. Converting to a Double E safety chuck is simple and with the sliding style faceplate is safer and more reliable.
Available replacements for AF, AH, AHF, B, BF, and BH-series SuperChucks
- Exact bolt patterns and mounting dimensions as the old SuperChucks
- No frame or shaft modifications needed
- Sliding style faceplate
- Internal cam prevents chuck from opening unless upright
- External sliding faceplate
- Available in both foot and flange mount
- V or U shaped inserts to any size of existing SuperChucks
- Full product support on all EE safety chuck spare parts
- Easiest for loading/unloading rolls.
- Easy, inexpensive replacement.
- Unlike tilting safety chucks, retains torque capacity of square jaw.
- Allow high torque transmission and high speed.
- Minimize roll bounce, vibration, and rotational tapping noises.
- Easy roll loading and unloading
Double E offers sliding safety chucks because they’re
safer, easier to operate, and more rugged than tilting designs. The
safety chuck slides open with a patented push–button mechanism,
but only in the upright position, so roll security is guaranteed.
The safety chuck closes automatically if
operator forgets to close it manually. Safety chucks can be flange-mounted or foot-mounted, fixed or with sidelay adjustment.